Improvement of the local integration of internally displaced persons via improvement of access to economic and social rights
Donor: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Project duration: January 2019- December 2019
The goal of the project that we are implementing with the support of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to contribute to the local integration of the most vulnerable internally displaced persons by strengthening the protection of their human rights, namely their right to adequate housing and social protection, as well as other legal issues that hinder internally displaced persons in exercising those rights.
The project is divided into six clusters:
- protection of rights, provision of information and representation of at least 640 internally displaced persons in front of administrative bodies and courts in the Republic of Serbia, as well as follow-up of 2018 cases;
- advocating for the improvement of the legal framework and public policies related to economic and social rights of internally displaced persons;
- presenting the problems internally displaced persons are facing when attempting to realize their economic and social rights via implementing a public campaign on their rights;
- empowering local communities to seek better realization of their economic and social rights;
- development of a proposal for the improvement of the realization of economic and social rights of internally displaced persons in Serbia;
- Monitoring of the implementation of the Strategy for the Social Inclusion of Roma in the Republic of Serbia in cooperation with the Ombudsperson of the Republic of Serbia.