Donor: Belgrade Open School (BOS) with the support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Project duration: April 2021 – October 2021
The general goal of this project is to improve the mechanisms for the protection of economic and social rights through improved participation and cooperation of citizens and civil society organizations. Through the implementation of the project, we would also like to encourage the Republic of Serbia to be more active in addressing the issues of protection of economic and social rights, protection of individuals from violations of these rights by third parties, as well as to actively enable the progressive realization of ESRs, taking into account the special vulnerabilities of those who are in greater need of protection and the realization of the economic and social rights.
Some of the main activities:
- Mapping stakeholders, non-governmental organizations and media partners, as well as organizations for the implementation of activities;
- Holding a faux “public debate” on the ratification of the Optional Protocol;
- Holding at least two meetings with the competent ministry to initiate ratification of the Optional Protocol;
- Public campaign on the importance of the participation of all citizens in democratic processes and raising awareness of the importance of the Optional Protocol for the exercising of economic, social and cultural rights;
- Conducting the analysis on the justiciability of ESRs;
- Translation of decisions of the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
This project is implemented within the program “Active Citizens – Better Society: Advocating for Cooperation and Democratic Development of Serbia“, which is implemented by BOS with the support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).