Donor: Royal Norwegian Embassy in Belgrade
Project duration: November 2021 – July 2022
The overall goal of the project is to reinvigorate the implementation of the anti-discrimination legislation in Serbia, especially in the realm of economic and social rights.
- Analysis of complaints and other communications submitted to the Commissioner for the Protection of Equality and its responses concerning access to economic and social rights and discrimination in that regard;
- Testing of the newly adopted provisions of Anti-Discrimination Law, particularly those important for the protection of economic and social rights (segregation, discrimination in the housing sector, etc.);
- Information sharing activities relevant for the communication of the main issues and findings from the Analysis;
- Preparation, presentation, and dissemination of the Guidelines for implementation of the public sector duties regarding socio-economic inequalities, prescribed in Art. 14. of the Law;
- Training for public authorities, CSOs, and professionals on the public sector duties regarding socio-economic inequalities, their importance and impact.